Tuesday, June 7, 2011

New York, just stopping by

Grand Central Terminal is a place to go to other places. Some people run to the train tracks on the upper and lower levels with two minutes before the train departs. Others stay around the clock to meet someone. Flashlights go off for a memory at the main court. Goodbyes and "see you later" are heard thousands of times. Everyday of the year it is like this, here as in many other places where people go their ways.




My mom is always fascinated by how many people run around during peak hour. She says they look like ants. I think they do, and like ants, everyone here knows what to do, even if they are confused about what to do and where to go to. It is a complex and interesting place, and in a way it is a tiny sample of what the world is like out there, just faster. I am also fascinated by how similar we are to ants.




It was good to be here for a few weeks. Now, I am off to Prague.... today actually! I have heard really good things about the city and the country, and am looking forward to being there soon.

NYC is my home, and when I am here it feels good. There is more to it than the stores along 5th Avenue and Times Square or the Empire State. I recommend visiting the lower Manhattan, including West and East Villages, SoHo, Tribeca, Meat Pack District, Union Square, East/Spanish Harlem and of course, Central Park and the surrounding areas.

Queens and Brooklyn are also my favorite areas. I like Astoria and Flushing in Queens, Williamsburg and Bushwick in Brooklyn. There are many other areas I have not seen, but for that need more time. The Bronx Zoo and the New York Botanical Gardens also in the Bronx are a must. I have never been to Staten Island, but maybe one day I will decide to cross the Verrazano. Jersey is nice too and has a fine view of the NYC skyline, leave alone rent can be considerably cheaper and the commute is very convinient with Path. The road signs are not the best, but that is that - so, take it seriously!

So much to do and see here without need to spend too much, although you will spend a lot of money one way or another. But it is NYC after all, a great city.

Now I am going to the airport, with the same back pack and a few shirts less. I bought a 57'' tripod from the Israeli store on 14 street at $25. Not bad!

Thanks for taking some time of your busy schedules to hang out. I appreciate it. Please stay in touch.

Again, stay tuned. There is more "horseshoeing" coming this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment